Last month we took a trip to Sydney which gave us the perfect opportunity to do a Britax Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard car seat review! In fact, we were testing out two of them as both kids are now big enough to fit into this wonderful seat.
Related: want get weekly posts on being more organised, motherhood, saving time and money? Sign up here!
Britax Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard Car Seat Review
In collaboration with Britax.
I arrived in Sydney a couple of days before for the Kids Business Blogger Brunch and my solo stay at The Menzies Sydney (yes!) and Mr M brought the kids on the Saturday to collect me and have a quick lunch with friends in Sydney.
It didn’t quiiiiite go to plan!
Well, my part of the trip did and I had a fabulous time. Then Saturday came and Mr M called to say he’d strapped the kids in the car and was on his way – woo hoo!
We love Britax car seats!
Actually we have 4 of this same seat – which I think gives a pretty good indication of how much we love it. We have 2 in our car and 2 in my parent’s car. It makes our life so easy to know they all work in exactly the same way. We can switch the kids around if we ever need to without having to change the seats.
We got the seats installed at Baby Bunting. They do a really quick job and provide a certificate to say they have been installed correctly. It gives us peace of mind. The installation guy also told us we’d done well in choosing them. In his opinion, they were one of the best car seats on the market – excellent!
My children are 1 and 3 years old and the Britax Maxi Guard car seat is perfect for kids from 6 month (as long as they are tall enough for the height marker) to 8 years old.
We didn’t want to buy seats that would need to be replaced in a couple of years as car seats can be pricey.
Features of the Britax Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard Car Seat
The Britax Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard car seat is a forward facing, harnessed car seat with an in-built harness. We opted for the Britax Maxi Guard car seat for the following reasons:
- They will last until the kids are 8 years old
- We’ve always used Britax car seats and trust how safe they are
- The Side Impact Cushion Technology™ (SICT™) minimises the energy impact on your child’s chest and vital organs and reducing crash forces for greater protection
- The dual layer head protection minimises the energy generated in a side impact crash. The initial SICT™ layer provides 180° protection around your child’s head. The second SICT™ layer on the seat exterior absorbs immediate crash energy.
- The 6 point harness will keep the kids securely restrained and safe.
I’m pretty sure Mini’s favourite feature are the pivoting arm rests – he holds on to them like he’s riding a Harley!
The seats even have cup holders and they’re so cushioned. They also have a messy mat with storage pocket – perfect for car trips!
Now, on the subject of car trips, do you remember I mentioned above that things didn’t quite go to plan?
Despite enjoying car trips for the past 3 years, Miss has now decided that she gets motion sickness. 10 minutes before arriving in Sydney, she was sick all over herself – and her new seat!
Not one to be outdone, Mini had a poopslosion at exactly the same time. Poor Mr M had his hands full.
So the car seats have been christened during their first big outing but thankfully, cleaned up to be as good as new!
If you’re looking a car seat for your baby or child, I definitely recommend you check out Britax’s wide range. We trust them for comfort and safety for our children.
- Why we choose Britax Safe-n-Sound Car Seats
- Car Seat Mistakes To Avoid – Are You Doing It Wrong?
- 5 Tips for a Stress Free Holiday with a Baby + Free Packing List Printable!
- Should You Buy A Second Hand Car Seat?
- 5 Tips for Making Flying with a Baby Much Easier!
- 4 Most Used Baby Products I was Gifted
- 5 Tips for Buying a Family Car You Need To Know
Since I got my Maxi Guard™, Britax have released a new and even more improved version of this car seat.It includes the Britax Thermo5™ High Performance Bamboo Charcoal fabric. You can check it here: www.britax.com
Disclosure: In exchange for this Britax Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard Car Seat review, we were sent the car seat.