In this Cricut Maker review and guide, I’m going to show you how to easily use Cricut print and cut for planner stickers.
What does that mean? Well, it means you download affordable or free printable planners from my shop (and others), print and cut them at home using your Cricut!
Affiliate links below.
I have loved getting to know my new Cricut and making Cricut planner stickers recently and I get a few questions from my customers on how to make planner stickers with Cricut. Here, I’m going to show you how to print and cut stickers.
For this example, I’m going to show you how to use a Cricut and cut stickers with Cricut Design Space. I’m creating Cricut Maker stickers for my planner, as one example of things to make and sell with Cricut.
What is a Cricut?
First up, what’s a Cricut machine? It’s a digital cutting machine with an abundance of tools and opportunities to create! I’d had my eye on one for ages after reading so many positive Cricut machine reviews.
How does a Cricut work? If you’re wondering what can a Cricut sticker machine do – you’ll be pleasantly surprised – it’s even more than just stickers.
You can create crafts with fabrics, leather, paper, and balsa wood with effortless precision. You could use it to cut stickers, sewing patterns, score, write and add decorative effects to crafts.
In this guide, I’m going to walk you through how to use a Cricut machine to print and cut planner stickers. These are my go-to Cricut projects to sell.
Related: if you’re looking for free Cricut projects, you can check out my full range of printable planner stickers here, including lots of free ones.
Using Cricut Print and Cut
How to download printable planner stickers
When you purchase mine, the printables are emailed to you in a Zip file.
After you have unzipped the file, you’ll see it contains the following formats of the printables so you can choose the one you want to use:
- FREE Silhouette Studio file showing cut lines
- Some products include a PNG file to help cut with your Cricut. This is the one you need and I’ll be adding this to my range over time. Note: the product description will say if Cricut files are provided.
For this tutorial, we’re going to be using the PNG file with a transparent background.
You can use Cricut printable sticker paper or another make if you prefer. I share the exact sticker paper I use, and my best printer for Cricut in this program, along with my other insider tips on making your own planner stickers from home.
These are kiss cut Cricut instructions so that you can peel each sticker off individually, rather than having them cut straight through the sheet.
How to Print and Cut Planner Stickers with a Cricut
- Save all PNG files provided in your downloaded product ZIP file.
- In Cricut Design Space, create a “New Project”.
- Click Upload and choose “Upload Image”.
- Select the PNG file that you wish to print and cut.
- Click “Complex”, then “Continue”. Click “Continue” again.
- Select “Save as a Print Then Cut image” and click “Save”.
- Select the image you have just uploaded and click “Insert Image”.
- Click on the inserted image and change the Width size so that the stickers will print at the correct size. For my Erin Condren and Classic Happy Planner mini kits, you need to change the width size to 6.3″.
- Connect your computer to Cricut Design Space and click “Make It” at the top right of the screen. Then click “Continue”.
- Click “Send to Printer”, choose your Printer, choose whether to add a bleed or not and click “Print”. If your Cricut cuts slightly off, adding a bleed can help.
- Place your sticker sheet on your cutting mat and click the button on your Cricut machine to start cutting.
Done! Let me know if you want me to share more guides and Cricut Maker reviews.
If you have any Cricut print then cut troubleshooting issues, you can join this group and I’ll do my best to help.
- How to Make Planner Stickers + Planner Sticker Template Files
- FREE Printable Planner Stickers for Erin Condren LifePlanners
- Ultimate FREE Printable Planner Stickers PDF List!
- Grab Your FREE Printable Planner Stickers!
PIN THIS POST:
Disclosure: this post on Cricut Print and Cut contains affiliate links. If you click through and purchase, I might receive a small commission. This doesn’t affect the price you pay :)
Originally published on Jan 25th 2020.