In this easy guide, I’m going to show you how to make planner stickers with Cricut Maker!
I’ve been making planner stickers for some time now and love how much fun it is.
Taking some time to design my own Cricut stickers is a great hobby, plus I save so much money because I can now make my own Cricut print and cut stickers at home.
Can you make stickers with Cricut? 100% yes! There are so many things to make and sell with Cricut, including custom planner stickers for journals.
Guide to Make Planner Stickers with Cricut
Planning, and using a paper planner, is an important part of our daily lives – mine certainly! Whether it’s for work, school, or personal tasks, having a planner can help keep us organized and on track. And what better way to customize your planner than with handmade stickers made with the Cricut Maker?
In this blog post, you’ll discover who can make planner stickers with Cricut, what tools you’ll need, and how to get started. How exciting!
Who Can Make Planner Stickers with Cricut?
If you love to plan and want to add a personal touch to your planner, then YOU can make planner stickers with Cricut. You don’t need to be an expert crafter or have any prior experience with the Cricut Maker to get started either.
With a little bit of practice and patience, anyone can make beautiful and functional planner stickers.
Tools to Make Planner Stickers with Cricut
To get started with making planner stickers with Cricut, you’ll need the following tools:
My preference is the Cricut Maker but a Cricut Explore Air is also a great option. The Cricut Maker is the machine that will do the cutting for you. It’s a powerful cutting machine that can cut a variety of materials, including vinyl, paper, and cardstock.
Note: the Cricut Joy does not have the print then cut function needed, or can hold the right sized sticker paper.
Cricut Design Space
This is the software that you’ll use to create your designs. It’s an awesome, user-friendly design software that comes with a lot of pre-made templates and images that you can use too!
There are a variety of colors and types of paper to choose from, including matte and glossy. I share my faves in my sticker-making resources kit here.
This is important – but it doesn’t need to be fancy! A color printer, either an injet or laser is fine. I share my fave in the sticker-making resources kit above.
This is a sticky mat that holds your sticker paper in place while the Cricut Maker cuts your design. The mats that come with Cricut are great.
5 Benefits of Making Cricut Stickers
There are so many reasons why making stickers for Cricut is fun and fulfilling! Here are the top five:
1. You can easily customize them
The Cricut Maker offers so many ways to create customizable stickers in Cricut Design Space (the accompanying design software, more on that soon).
You can design stickers from scratch that reflect your personal interests and needs. Everything from planner stickers to increase productivity, diary stickers, decorate planner pages and inspire you throughout the week.
2. They will be high quality
You can make your Cricut Maker stickers with high-quality sticker paper to make stickers you’re super proud of.
Whether you’re using stickers for yourself or to share or sell, it’s important that they look professional.
3. You’ll save time making them
You’ll be so surprised at how fast the Cricut Maker can cut out stickers, quickly and accurately, saving you a lot of time and energy compared to cutting them by hand.
If you have a busy schedule or limited crafting time, this is a wonderful benefit.
4. You’ll make a huge variety of stickers
You’ll never be short of planner sticker ideas as the Cricut Maker offers a wide variety of sticker designs, fonts, and graphics to choose from in Cricut Design Space. Or you can add your own!
Maybe you’ll create personalized stickers for planners, events, birthdays, holidays, or more.
5. You’ll start a fun creative outlet that fills you with joy!
I know first hand that using a Cricut Maker to make stickers is a super fun and rewarding creative outlet and hobby. You’ll love it to!
Get ready to have fun and get creative by creating beautiful stickers.
Making Stickers with Cricut Guide
In this guide on how to make stickers with Cricut Maker (or Explore Air), I will demonstrate on my Cricut sticker maker how to print and cut on Cricut. Stickers for bullet journal fans, paper planner lovers and even scrapbookers.
You can either watch my short video on how to make stickers on Cricut or you can read the steps below first.
What is Cricut Design Space?
If you haven’t used the Cricut software before, let me break it down for you. If you already know about Cricut Design Space, skip to the next section.
In the software, you can create designs from scratch and customize sticker designs to then print and cut using a Cricut machine.
Although you can make many different crafts, I personally use Cricut Design Space for making stickers – every day!
To get started with using Cricut Design Space, you’ll need to create an account on the Cricut website here and download the software. Next, you can start exploring the different design options available or follow my instructions below.
I also have a popular Cricut Stickers eBook here.
Cricut Design Space for Stickers
You can design a wealth of stickers such as planner stickers and more using pre-made shapes, images and fonts. Or you can upload your own designs including your own artwork or digital art from others.
Once you’ve finished creating your sticker designs, you can preview them to check you’re happy with how the stickers look before you print then cut them. The Cricut print then cut stickers Cricut feature is awesome.
Spend as long as you need customizing your stickers until you’re happy with how they look!
When you’ve finished your design, you can Save it to a folder to return to it later, or even share it with others.
How to Start Making Planner Stickers with Cricut
The first step in making planner stickers with Cricut is to choose your design. You can use pre-made templates in Design Space, or you can create your own design from scratch. Design Space comes with a lot of pre-made templates and images that you can use for free, or you can purchase designs from the Cricut store.
Once you’ve chosen your design, it’s time to customize it. You can change the colors, size, and shape of the design to make it unique to you.
After you’ve customized your design, it’s time to print it and then cut it out. Place your sticker paper onto the cutting mat and load it into the Cricut Maker. Follow the prompts in Design Space to cut your design.
Here’s a more detailed, step-by-step guide to making Cricut stickers:
Cricut Planner Stickers Guide
Let’s get stared with how to make Cricut stickers! Here are the simple steps to follow and if you would like a more detailed breakdown, check out my DIY Sticker Guide short course here if you’re ready to create stickers with Cricut:
1. Open Cricut Design Space
- Go to Cricut Design Space.
- Log into your account.
- Click “Design” top right to access Cricut Design Space. If on a PC, download Design Space for Desktop.
- Sign in with your Cricut ID (or register if not already signed up).
- If this is the first time you log in, you’ll need to set your “machine mode” by choosing your machine from the dropdown menu.
2. Start a New Project
Choose “New Project” to start designing your Cricut machine stickers.
This blank design space screen will appear:
Save your project by clicking Save at the top right. Give your project a name.
3. Create Sticker Shapes + Fonts
Click the Shapes button on the left-hand side menu and you can choose from any popular shapes to get started.
Planner stickers are made up of a combination of simple shapes and fonts. You can have so much fun experimenting with adding and combining shapes and adding colors to make them pop.
I would suggest starting simple with some simple full box stickers. Create the shape, resize the sticker to fit your planner and add a fun color or pattern as the sticker background!
4. Upload Patterns and Images
To upload your own images to use in your sticker designs, click Upload, Upload Image, locate the image and then click Save.
To upload your own patterns, click Upload, Upload Pattern, locate the pattern and then click Save.
To add your pattern to a shape, select the shape, then click then click Fill and change the Print Type to Pattern.
Your pattern will appear in the dropdown list.
Take as long as you need to choose shapes and fonts to design your perfect stickers.
If you would like a more detailed breakdown of my personal sticker desk process, check out my DIY Sticker Guide short course here.
5. Arrange your stickers into a “Sticker Sheet”
When you’ve finished designing your stickers, arrange them into a neat sheet that maximizes the space but doesn’t crowd the stickers too closely together.
It’s important to give your Cricut the room to cut around each sticker neatly.
6. Choose the Best Sticker Paper for Cricut
In terms of the paper to use, you can either use Cricut printable sticker paper, or you if you have another preference, you can test and see what works best for your Cricut planner stickers.
7. How to Print Stickers on Cricut Design Space
- When you’re happy with your sticker sheet, click Make It at the top right.
- After a few seconds, your sticker sheet will appear on the screen. A black border will appear around your stickers – this is the registration mark border. This is what the Cricut uses to determine where to cut.
- Click Continue.
- Click Send to Printer. You may need to connect your printer if this is your first time printing stickers with Cricut Design Space.
- If you leave the Bleed option selected, a small extra offset will be added around your stickers to ensure that when they’re cut, there are no white lines if it cuts slightly off.
8. Cutting your Stickers
- Place your printed sheet (when totally dry) onto your Cricut cutting mat. Align it to the top, left-hand corner. Ensure it’s flat on the mat with no bumps.
- Load the mat into your Cricut machine.
- Go back to the Make screen in Cricut Design Space.
- Check that your Cricut is connected to your computer – you can follow these instructions to connect via Bluetooth.
- Choose the Material type – select Paper.
- Leave the Pressure as Default to kiss cut your stickers.
- Press the Go button on your Cricut machine.
- After cutting, you can click the flashing arrow button on your Cricut machine to unload it.
I hope this inspires you to start making planner stickers with Cricut! It’s such a fun and creative way to personalize your planner and stay organized.
With the right tools and a little bit of practice, anyone can create beautiful and functional planner stickers. So why not give it a try? You might just discover a new hobby that you love.
Get Started Making Cricut Stickers for Planners!
Instantly access the only guide that’s helped over 10,000 happy sticker-makers go from confused to creative and make made-to-measure stickers … today!
It’s time for you to master Cricut Design Space FAST with easy step-by-step instructions so that you can design perfect stickers with ease.
Introducing the Cricut Stickers eBook
A packed, step-by-step printable guide to make planner stickers from scratch the fast way!
By the end of this Cricut eBook, you’ll be able to:
- Make Multiple Planner Stickers like headers, checklists, boxes, flags, teardrops, scrips and more!
- Install + Get Set Up in Cricut Design Space
- Create + Edit Shapes
- Use Color + Patterns
- Make Custom-fit Stickers that are made-to-measure
- Use Text + Offsets
- Use the same skills to make other stickers!
- Print + Cut Like a Pro
- Get cheat sheet graphics, steps and shortcuts
Making stickers on Cricut is a great way to use your Cricut Maker and Cricut Design Space is quick to master.
Unlock 10+ Sticker Making Video Tutorials!
Would you like to learn to make your own DIY stickers? Join over 10,000 happy students!
Discover how to make sticker labels with Cricut, in the DIY Sticker Guide, you will learn:
- The tools you will need (and the tools I use!)
- How to get set up in Silhouette Studio or Cricut Design Space
- How to design planner stickers and other stickers
- Choosing colors and where to find patterns and clipart
- Where to find the best sticker paper
- How to cut stickers on Cricut
Summary of How to Make Planner Stickers with Cricut Maker
Let me know too if you’d like me to share more Cricut machine reviews and ideas of what to make with a Cricut!
ACCESS MY FREE PRINT + CUT STEPS NOW!
- FREE CLASS: Discover the Stickers That Sell
- How to Make Planner Stickers at Home
- 25 Reasons to Make Planner Stickers
- Essential Tools To Make Planner Stickers + Free Guide
- How to Make Printables in Canva
- FREE Printable Planner Stickers for Erin Condren LifePlanners
- Ultimate FREE Printable Planner Stickers PDF List
- Grab Your FREE Printable Planner Stickers
- Selling Printables on Etsy – the Easy Way
- All About Cricut Cutting Machines
- 10 Ways How to Make Stickers Without a Cutting Machine
PIN THIS POST:
Disclosure: this post on Cricut Print and Cut contains affiliate links and I was kindly sent this in exchange for my Cricut Maker stickers guide If you click through and purchase, I might receive a small commission. This doesn’t affect the price you pay :) Originally published on Jan 25th 2020. I hope this inspires you to make planner stickers with Cricut!