One of my favorite hobbies was learning how to make planner stickers at home – and when I mastered it, I start to sell them too!
Being able to make money is just one of the reasons that I love to make my own DIY planner stickers.
Affiliate links below.
What are Planner Stickers?
Planner stickers are used to decorate and personalize paper or digital planners, journals and scrapbooks.
They can be used to mark and remember important dates, events, and To Do items – as well as adding creativity and color to your planner pages! Additionally, planner stickers are perfect for specific needs such as tracking your habits, setting goals, and creating specific to-do lists.
Stickers for planners can help you to make the planning process even more fun and decorative, and help you to stay organized and on top of your tasks and events.
Why make your own Stickers for Planners
What are the benefits of learning how to make printable planner stickers?
1. You’ll be more organized and motivated
Your own planner stickers are perfect to help you be more organized in all aspects of your personal life, business, family and more. They can be used to remember important dates and events, such as birthdays, appointments, and meetings as well as a place to write any specific To-Do Lists you need to keep a track of.
Planner stickers can also be used to mark tasks that need to be completed, such as chores, work tasks, assignments or projects, and can help to ensure that you don’t forget any steps – even micro tasks!
Using your own personalized stickers to decorate your planner can make your planning process and routine even more enjoyable and fun and you’ll take pride in using the stickers that YOU have created. These stickers help to motivate you to stay on top of your tasks and goals too. By physically marking off each day that you complete a habit, you can see your progress and stay motivated to continue working on that habit. We all love checking off lists, right?!
2. You save money
Let’s be honest, when you’re knee-deep in planner addiction, the cost can start to add up pretty quickly. Because…stationery!
The cost of buying planners, stickers, washi, pens and more can really give your budget a hit and so learning to make your own planner stickers will really help you keep that cost down.
I still sometimes buy affordable planner stickers from other shops but way less from others now I know how to make my own.
3. You’ll get creative!
There are sooooo many planner stickers available online from functional to cute to hand-drawn and more and when you design your own, you’ll get so much more creative!
Customizing your planner with your very own stickers means you’ll develop your own personal style that reflects your personality and interests too.
As well as adding creative time to your week, making stickers is also a great way to relax too. Decorating your planner with stickers is a super fun and relaxing hobby that can help to reduce stress and give you that sense of peace, calm and pride. It’s like art therapy – and we can all benefit from that!
4. You only make what you need
For a long time, I would buy the biggest sticker kits available because I wanted to ensure that those kits had all of the different kinds of stickers I needed to stay organised.
Even when I purchased separate pages though, I would end up wasting so many stickers that I just didn’t use.
Knowing how to make sticker sheets means I only create the ones I need and want – and you can do the same.
When you’re making your own sticker sheets, you’re in control and you’ll find you’ll waste way less.
5. It’s a great hobby
Making your own planner stickers could uncover some talents in design and drawing that you didn’t even know you had – or that you had forgotten about.
I love to design and find taking the time to sit at my computer and design sticker sheets is pure therapy. I can listen to music and get creative.
Perhaps you own an iPad and can hand draw your own designs and convert them into stickers?
6. You could sell them!
A common reason for many of us wanting to start our making our own stickers is to sell them.
This could be for a little extra money on the side – selling what we’ve made for ourselves – or going full into creating your own planner sticker shop.
You might choose to sell your stickers on Etsy or to your friends and, whilst it’s a competitive space, there’s always room for one more store!
Should YOU make your own DIY stickers?
Planner stickers are a great way to decorate your planner and be creative – here’s a list of 25 more reasons to make DIY stickers from home.
Honestly, I could keep going – but here are the main reasons I got started and why my 5000+ students did too!
25 Reasons to Make DIY Planner Stickers At Home
- You can create stickers with your favorite colors.
- You can make them to specifically match the theme of your planner.
- Planner stickers are cheaper than buying new planners every year – just cover the dates and use unused planners!
- They’re fun to decorate your planner with – it’s so good to get creative.
- If you’re not happy with a sticker, you can just peel it off and replace it.
- Planning is easier when you can visualize your schedule – and stickers help with this.
- It’s cheaper than buying stickers from a store.
- There are tons of free printable planner stickers out there on the internet for download or purchase – sign up for my Free Printable Stickers here.
- You can customize your planner with anything that suits you – no need to make your own planner from scratch.
- You can use your own designs or photography to make original stickers.
- If you’re not into arts and crafts, there are plenty of pre-made sticker templates online (I sell them here!)
- Make family-friendly planner stickers to encourage children to help around the house.
- Give someone a gift that they will always use by making them their own custom stickers.
- Get creative and make stickers for your favorite hobby or interest – like Disney princesses, sports teams, or flowers.
- Make personalized planner stickers as an affordable way to give back to charity.
- They’re easy to customize with your own words – perfect for bullet journalling.
- You can buy sticker paper in bulk for cheap at office supply stores.
- It’s a great way to get creative and have fun with DIY projects!
- Making planner stickers is therapeutic – it’s relaxing and fun.
- It’s easier than you’d think to make your own planner stickers – you don’t have to be an artist or crafter.
- You can make any size or shape stickers you want.
- It’s a fun craft that will keep your hands busy while watching TV or listening to music.
- It’s a great way to organize all of those lists on scraps of paper that are floating around in your home!
- They look great in your planner because they’re personalized just for you.
- You can teach yourself to make stickers at home – check out my DIY Sticker Guide here and get started today!
Planner stickers are a great way to personalize your planner and give it that extra flair.
There are so many different ways for you to show off your personality with these little pieces of paper, from the type of stickers you buy, to where you place them in your planner.
Have you been inspired by my list of reasons why you should make planner stickers?
How to make printable stickers or printed stickers yourself!
I’m asked all the time “How do I make my own stickers, Mim?!”.
In my easy, self-paced The Sticker Shop Plan eCourse, I share all of the exact tools I use on making my own stickers from my sticker cutting machine to the best sticker paper and printer. In this fun and interactive planner sticker maker program, you’ll learn how to design your own planner stickers from home for you or to sell.
When I got started, with how to create stickers, I made a few mistakes and ran into the same issues with printing and cutting time and time again.
Now, I’m going to share everything my insider knowledge with you – so you don’t make the same mistakes!
The course also includes bonus printable planner sticker template files for the Happy Planner and Erin Condren planners – but only for a limited time. You can use these to create a weekly kit template and simply change up the colors and patterns for each new design.
How to Make Stickers to Sell
If you want to know how to make your own stickers to sell, you’ll learn how to develop your very own planner sticker range and get tips to sell them online. You could earn a side income by putting your sticker-making skills to work!
When I learned how to make my own stickers, selling them was the next big thing I wanted to do. My shop is a great income earner for me.
I’m so excited to share my tips and tricks with you so that you can find out:
- how to design planner stickers
- how to print planner stickers
- how to cut planner stickers at home
- where to buy the best sticker paper for planner stickers
Summary of How to Make Planner Stickers
Are you feeling inspired to learn how to make your own planner stickers from home?
I’ve taught hundreds of planner peeps how to do it – and I would love to teach you how to make your own stickers at home too!
You will save money and have SO much fun too! Unlock a creative side that you didn’t know you had.
If you’re ready to learn how to make your own sticker sheets, click here to find out more.
Have my tips on how to make homemade stickers or how to print printable stickers inspired you?
DOWNLOAD MY FREE PLANNER STICKER EQUIPMENT GUIDE HERE:
Would you like to learn to make DIY stickers? Join 5000+ happy students!
I’ve taught 5000+ planner addicts how to make stickers with sticker paper for their planners and I would love to teach you too.
I’ve put together a guide on how to make your own sticker sheets and will share how to make planner stickers with Silhouette or Cricut as well as how to print and how to cut planner stickers too.
I’ll share the exact tools I use for making planner stickers so that you can do the same.
Next Steps + Further Reading:
- If you’re ready to make your own custom planner stickers, check out my courses here.
- Not ready to make your own stickers but want to check out mine? Shop at Paper Planner Club on Etsy here.
- Take my FREE CLASS on discovering the Stickers That Sell
- FREE Printable Planner Stickers for Erin Condren LifePlanners
- How to Make your own Stickers with Cricut Maker
- 10 of the Best Gifts for Planners
- Grab your Free Weekly Planner!
- What is the Best Day of the Week to Plan?
- The Best Planner Stickers Stores
- All About Cricut Cutting Machines!
Being able to make my own planner sticker range has saved me money and helped me start my own shop, Paper Planner Club and print my own stickers!
You can also check out my affordable Making Planner Stickers eBooks here:
PIN THIS POST:
Originally published on 09.02.20. Let me know if you have any questions on how to make planner stickers.