It seems like every ad on the telly is pushing Mother’s Day ten times more this year! It has been nice to think about what it means to be a mum a little bit more though and to appreciate my lovely Mummy. So as I’m feeling festive, I’ve decided to list my Top 5 Songs for Mum – my Mother’s Day Playlist :)
5 Songs for Mothers Day
1. “Mama’s Song” by Carrie Underwood – I just can’t listen to this without sobbing like a baby – and don’t get me started on the music video! Oh just beautiful about when a girl gets married and reassures her Mum that her new husband look after her and she doesn’t need to worry about her.
2. “The Best Day” by Taylor Swift – another soppy one – well I suppose they all are! This is such a lovely song about Taylor growing up and having her mother’s support at different times in her life when things haven’t gone right. I wonder if Miss M will think of me this way too and I will strive to be as supportive to her as possible. Daddy gets a mention too :)
3. “Modern Day Prodigal Son” by Brantley Gilbert – about a turning point in his life when he knew he’s messed up but his Mum welcomed him home – such a lovely song by one of my favourite singers.
4. “Mama” by the Spice Girls – it might be vomit-inducing for some but it’s a classic for me and I used to love that video of them singing to their Mums awwww!
5. “The Baby” by Blake Shelton – a gushy one by big softy Blake – and worth watching the video for his blue eyes alone – swooooon! Thank God he since cut his hair though.
Are any of these song for mums your faves? Tell me the songs about Mums, Dads or family that you love too!