If one of your goals is to have a clean and tidy home, here are 33 quick and easy things to declutter right now to get you started!
Is the thought of decluttering your whole house in one day, or even room by room, overwhelming for you?
Then start here with these easy ways how to declutter fast.
It will get you into action, with some quick results that will give you the motivation to declutter even more.
Plus, you really don’t need these things! They’re taking up space in your house, technology and mind – so let’s get rid of them.
Getting rid of clutter has an effect on your mental health in a really positive way.
Related: The Secret to a Tidy House and Tidy Mind
Some of these items can be sold for some extra cash, given away to people who need them more or even discarded altogether.
Here are 33 quick things to get rid of and easy ways for you to learn how to start decluttering quickly:
33 Quick ways to Clear the Clutter in your home
- Unwanted gifts
- Clothes you no longer wear
- Makeup – expired, broken or unused
- Broken cutlery and crockery (or ones you don’t like/use!)
- Old keys
- Phone images and videos
- Broken decorations
- The JUNK drawer
- Social media followers
- Magazines and books you won’t read again
- Unmatched gloves
- Email newsletters – unsubscribe!
- Old insurance documents
- Expired food
- Expired coupons and gift cards
- Cracked glasses or bottles
- Herbs and spices you don’t like
- Samples size products you’ll NEVER use
- Chargers/adapters for old technology
- Used notebooks
- Unmatched socks
- Old remotes
- Medicines you don’t need or expired ones
- Phone apps
- Spare tiles/flooring you’ll never need!
- Old computer Desktop files and folders
- Unused, old bedding
- Ratty towels
- Old manuals
- Undies (you know the ones)
- Expired/unused skincare
- Unnecessary files and folders
Want to do things the Marie Kondo way?
Buy the book here in Australia, here in the US and here in the UK.
I hope these quick ideas get you started – many only take seconds but can have a big impact on decluttering your home.
Check out my weekly cleaning schedule here.
Want more tips on decluttering? Click here or on the image below to join the group now!
Let me know if you want more tips on how to declutter quickly?
- Top Tips on How to Use Gumtree to Sell Things!
- 13 Quick Things to Declutter Right Now + Free Decluttering Checklist
- How to Get Rid of Old Clothes + FREE Closet Declutter Checklist
- My Pantry Declutter
PIN THIS POST:
I hope my ideas for fast things to declutter gets you started too!