Weekly Round Up – Week 9
It’s Weekly Round Up time and this week has been a very very busy one!
We did a bit more exploring of our local area and went to Merewether for the day – it’s so lovely and if I was rich, I would definitely move there. We did pick a beautiful week day to go as well so the beach was very quiet.
This weekend we drove down to Sydney to for a BBQ at our friends house and it was so lovely to catch up. Miss M had a ball playing with Uncle A and Aunty A – she spent much of it complimenting Uncle A’s tan – by telling him he had an orange face. Hee hee, now she won’t stop, he ‘loves’ it.
Today we went to see more friends who have a little boy a similar age to Miss M and it was so lovely to catch up over copious amounts of cake.
We talked a lot about how life has changed since becoming parents, particularly the total loss of our memory and the last time we had a night out. My last night out was in October LAST YEAR! I suppose I have been pregnant since then but even so, LAST YEAR! Who wants to babysit?
Mini and Miss started at their new day care and apart from a major meltdown from me on their first day, that’s been going brilliantly.
Tomorrow is a big day for me as my maternity leave finishes and I start my new job. I’m so looking forward to getting back into the workplace, having a routine, knowing what day it is etc. I’m sad too of course, no more mat leaves for me and I’ll miss the babies so much while I’m at work. I’ll just have to make every single second with them I have really count! I’m working part-time so there will be a nice balance I hope.
Here’s a bit of a recap from lovefrommim.com this week:
• My Most Read Post was – same as last week – my Breastfeeding Outfit Ideas post is proving really popular with breastfeeding mums :)
• My Favourite Post was – the second week of my new weekly #ParentingPicks linky! If you’re a blogger, I’d love you to link up your old and new Parenting posts if you haven’t already. Thank you SO much to everyone who linked up last week.
• My Favourite Archived Post – a post I wrote about my Mums and Babies group as it was picked up by Mums Grapevine :) I love my mums group and can’t wait to catch up with them very soon!
• We’ve been Reviewing – Sinchies Reusable Food Pouches – they’re brilliant! If you’re in Australia, you can win some for yourself.
On my To Do list for next week
• Have a wonderful first week at work! I can’t wait to get stuck in, get to know my lovely colleagues a bit more and start work.
• Get a high chair for Mini M as he will be starting baby led weaning next week – so exciting! Oh hello MESS.
• Keep things simple – I want to really focus on my new job this week so I’m trying not to do too much else and I might not be posting much until next week :)
How has your week gone?