Would a new baby carrier make your Mother’s Day? I’ve teamed up with BabyBjorn in this BabyBjorn Baby Carrier One Air review.
We’ve been big fans of the BabyBjorn range since I was first pregnant – in fact we’ve used our BabyBjorn Carrier One Air, Bouncer and Travel Cots with both children! My son still loves and uses his BabyBjorn High Chair too.
In this post, I will let you know everything this carrier has to offer, to help you know how to choose from the top baby carriers for your baby and if this one is right for you!
Sponsored by BabyBjorn and includes affiliate links.
Review of the Baby Bjorn Baby Carrier One Air
The BabyBjorn Carrier One Air is their best-selling, ergonomic baby carrier. You can carry your little one closely, giving you both reassurance and peace of mind.
What are the benefits of baby wearing?
There are so many things I have loved about using a baby carrier, the main ones are:
- my babies being close, snug and secure
- having my hands free while still carrying the baby
- helping my babies get to sleep while I go about my day
What Baby Carrier should you buy?
When considering what is the best baby carrier for your family, have a think about your own needs:
- how old is your baby?
- do you need a supportive baby carrier with back support?
- where will you use the carrier – indoors and outdoors?
Related: The Best Baby Carrier for Dad
Baby Bjorn Baby Carrier One Air Information
Features of the BabyBjorn Baby Carrier One Air
This lightweight baby carrier has suited our family well. Its features include:
- airy and cool 3D mesh that dries rapidly
- ergonomic and comfortable in soft material
- fully adjustable size & seat width
- babywearing from newborn to 3 years, plus facing-out & back carrying
- two height positions to ensure your baby is at the right height
- a wide, fully adjustable seat area that ensures a comfortable and ergonomically correct position for your child’s hips – if you’re looking for a hip dysplasia baby carrier. The International Hip Dysplasia Institute has tested Baby Carrier One Air and acknowledges it to be “hip-healthy”. This means that the baby carrier provides the correct support to your child’s hips and encourages good hip joint development, which is especially important in your child’s first months
- adjustable head support that protects your newborn baby and gives the correct support until your baby is able to hold their head up unaided.
An infant baby carrier that grows with your baby is great for your budget too. We used the Baby Bjorn Carrier One Air from when my son was tiny and later as a toddler baby carrier.
It’s such an easy baby carrier to put on and use – and it has a lot of additional benefits too!
Benefits of the BabyBjorn Baby Carrier One Air
The Baby Bjorn One Air:
- lasts from newborn to toddler years
- can be used as both a front facing newborn baby carrier or rear-facing
- can be worn on your front or back – which is great for the toddler years when your little one gets heavier
- allows your baby to move their legs freely
- is a great mesh baby carrier for keeping your baby and you cool on warm days
- is a lightweight and soft baby carrier
- keeps your baby close – you can see each other
- has a sturdy waist belt and padded shoulder straps that relieve pressure on your back and shoulders
- can be used every day!
What do we think of the BabyBjorn Baby Carrier One Air?
As a baby under the age of one, we carried my son on our front with him facing us. I loved being able to see he was ok and have him smile up at me! If he fell asleep in the carrier, it also meant I could keep an eye on him. Carrying him meant I could get chores done too as my hands were free.
As he grew, we used to have him on our front facing outwards when we were out and about. He loved this – it meant he could see the world while still being close! Whether taking kids to the park or the just to the local shop, it’s a really comfortable outdoor baby carrier that protects your baby when you’re out and about. The range does include the Baby Bjorn Carrier One Outdoors specifically for this – find out more about that one here.
When he grew to being a toddler, carrying him on our backs was really comfortable. I have some back issues so needed a carrier that is really supportive and isn’t going to aggravate my back ache.
When I was researching baby carrier reviews looking for the best baby carriers for newborns, this Baby Bjorn mesh carrier was recommended time and time over. Many of my friends purchased one for their first babies and kept it to use for their second too.
You can find out more about all of the features and benefits of the BabyBjorn Carrier One here.
- Dyson Pure Hot + Cool Link Review
- 6 BabyBjorn Products We Have Used the Most!
- BabyBjorn Baby Carrier Mini Review
- BabyBjorn Travel Cot Light Review
- BabyBjorn High Chair Review
- Baby Bjorn Carrier One review
PIN THIS POST:
Disclosure: this BabyBjorn Baby Carrier One Air review is sponsored and as always, all opinions are my own. I hope you find my baby carrier reviews helpful when making your own decision about the best baby carrier for newborn for you! As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.